A not-to-be-missed opportunity to witness a performance by bluegrass legend — Darren Nicholson!
Darren is a Grammy Award Nominee and a recipient of 5 International Bluegrass Music Association’s Awards. Including Entertainer of the Year (2014), Song of the Year (2011), and Album of the Year (2006).
He has appeared countless times on WSM’s Grand Ole Opry, at the Ryman Auditorium, CMT, GAC and many of the world’s most famous venues and networks.
Currently, he records and tours as a full-time, founding member of Balsam Range with all sorts of collaborative efforts each year.
He’s proud to have taken his blend of Country, Bluegrass, Americana to 49 states, as well as across Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Jamaica, Haiti, Australia, and all over Europe.
– Grammy Nomination (2006)
– Countless performances on the Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, and CMA FanFest
– Countless National TV Appearances GAC, CMT, ESPN, Charlie Chase Show, Nashville Now, Song of the Mountain
– Tour with Merle Haggard
– 2014 IBMA Entertainer of the Year Award Recipient (Balsam Range)
– 2014 IBMA Vocal Group of the Year Award Recipient (Balsam Range)
– 2013 IBMA Album of the Year Award Recipient Papertown (Balsam Range)
– 2011 IBMA Song the Year Award Recipient Trains I Missed (Balsam Range)
– 2006 IBMA Album of the Year Award Recipient Celebration of Life (Alecia Nugent)
– 2004 IBMA Emerging Artist Nominee – Alecia Nugent Band
– 2005 IBMA Emerging Artist Nominee – Alecia Nugent Band
– 2010 IBMA Emerging Artist Nominee – Balsam Range
– 2011 IBMA Emerging Artist Nominee – Balsam Range
– 2011 IBMA Album of the Year Nominee – Balsam Range
– 2011 IBMA Album of the Year Nominee – All-Star Jam: Live at Graves Mountain
Toured as part of the Zac Brown Band’s Southern Ground Music Tour. Including a collaborative album with John Driskell Hopkins of the Zac Brown Band, featuring special guests, Zac Brown, Jerry Douglas, and Joey+Rory
Performed on dozens of national #1 songs and albums including: Crowe Brothers/Brother In Harmony, Cindy Mae, Country Boy Rock and Roll, Last Train to Kitty Hawk, Caney Fork River, Gonna Be Movin’, Trains I Missed, I Could Do You Some Good.
Given “keys to the city” in Canton, NC where Balsam Range was honored with an official declaration of “Balsam Range Day” in their home county for positive contributions to our community.
Voted Best Old-Time/Bluegrass Band of 2012 in Asheville’s Mountain Xpress (Balsam Range).
Performed for entire living cast of The Andy Griffith Show at Grand Ole Opry 2004
Bobby Osborne tribute concert performances with Alecia Nugent and Marty Stuart
Inducted into the NC Folk-Life Institute 2008
First band to ever perform at the NASCAR Hall of Fame (with Balsam Range)
JBovier Acoustic Stringed instruments produce the Darren Nicholson Model mandolin E28093 A5-X.
GHS Strings produce the custom Darren Nicholson Mandolin String.
Proud to say, through partipcation with Bands, Festivals, Fundraisers, etc. well over a half-million dollars for various regional, national, and international charities has been raised.